Learning Resources for Parents
Here are some links to resources you might find helpful*.
For Families - Games that Get Kids Moving from gonoodle.com
Calm - (App) Videos for Sleep, Meditation, and Relaxation
Progressive Muscle Relaxation for Kids - YouTube video by Go Zen, Progressive Muscle Relaxation for Kids
Brainpop Health - Explore Brain Pop Videos and Activities
Choose Love for Home - Free activities, self-guided videos, and "dinner table discussion" topics from the Jesse Lewis Choose Love Movement's website
Kindness Video - Videos from Random Act of Kindness website
Apps and Activities
If you are looking for apps to help calm anxiety and reduce stress, here are a few that you might review*. Please note that many apps will have ads, in-app purchasing, and/or will offer a paid subscription. Students, make sure to always check with your parents before downloading and using an app*.
- Calm - Guided meditation and sleep stories
- Meditation for Kids - mindful and relaxing modes of meditation
- Headspace - Guided meditation for the whole family
- Mindful Powers - Interactive game about mindfulness
Parents can visit Common Sense Media Website to read reviews on popular apps, movies, tv shows, games, and books that appeal to kids of all ages.
What do elementary school counselors do?
- Teach classroom counseling lessons
- Facilitate small group counseling
- Provide individual supports for students
- Work collaboratively with staff and teachers
- Collaborate with parents and guardians
- Provide information and referrals for community resources to families
*Link Disclaimer: The external links provided on this page will let you leave the District's website. The linked sites are not under the control of the District and the District is not responsible for the contents of any linked sites, or any links contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The District is providing these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by the District.